• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunrise looks like morning in your eyes

no matter what they say, I am still the king

What was it about Beqanna’s lands? Each horse seemed to have an echo of a call to a kingdom. There were kings and queens that died, and came back to life, at the might of the earth and kingdom around them. There were souls who gave their life fighting for their kingdom, and others who were born and aged and died there. Was there some unbreakable tie that Eight had missed? Some mighty chains that locked onto your soul and dragged you to a home – forever to be in love there?
    True, Eight enjoyed the Valley. It was ‘home’ – if you could say that (although, he never truly settled roots anywhere). But ‘home’ had also been the Chamber, where he once ruled. And the Dale, too. It was as if each time he disappeared and reappeared, he settled himself in a different place. So what was coming home? Where is that familiar door, the key under the mat, the bed you’ve slept in since a child?
    Eight was not much for the field, either. He rarely went. In fact, he couldn’t remember the last time he even cared to go. He wasn’t much for diplomacy or genial greetings and chit chat. And to be honest, who would look at him and think ‘why yes, this is someone I’d want to stand beside in a place to call my own’. But it had been quiet in the Valley as of late – well, save for the great fiery wall that had enveloped the lands. Quiet, though, in the sense that Eight hadn’t spoken a word in about a month now – to neither soul nor creature. I guess he was, in general, the stoic type. But perhaps even for him, a month was too long without words.
    And so he goes off to the meadow– with no goal in mind really. He had never exactly ‘recruited’ someone to come home before. They always just seemed to show up – and that was really how he preferred it. Why convince someone to come home, when they’ll find their way on their own?
    He arrives quietly, slipping out of the thin air and invisibility he held around him – his skin appearing in streaks, forming into the solid shape of his body. And he appears beside the trio of horses – an interesting collection indeed. “Her name is Dijinni.” He says quietly – answering the tail of Elysteria’s question. He gives a single nod to Skull and the two females, “Eight, of the Valley.”
    Well, I guess there’s a first for everything.

and now the storm is coming, the storm is coming in

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sunrise looks like morning in your eyes - by Eight - 10-02-2015, 12:02 PM