• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're my tragedy... noori
    The winter embraces her like the arms of a forceful lover, one who takes her to bed without letting her leave, one who kisses her until bruises dot her skin. Men usually absorb her time during the winter, distracting her from the onset of sap-lined nostrils and frosted vocal cords. Her song, however, has changed since the lovers last met. The polygamist has settled into the rhythm of singularity, seeking herself rather than others. Eight left, Sinder left, and she left Trekk; of others she remembers little, for it is in her nature to flirt, but not once has she taken another man as her own. Her lovers are gone, and to find new ones would simply be far too much of a hassle.

This does not please fate, for instead of leaving her to her lonesome self, it sends the one she abandoned back to her. Again, and again, and again.

Bark snapping off of her aching muscles with each movement, the mare moves rigidly towards him. Not away, not again; she is in no state to run, and old habits die hard. A nicker stutters from her lungs, a sickly invitation for his company. I’ve never been good at alone, why bother.

His words break her heart just as hers have shattered his. The affection of his voice defrosts her frozen body, though this only allows her to feel the pain. And with his skin against her alabaster bark, she is whole; wholly broken, and wholly vulnerable to him. Sagging into him, Noori shivers uncontrollably, unaware of how much weight she forces him to carry. I’ve always been a burden anyways.

Clenching her glowing eyes shut, the Mother Spring succumbs to the fragility of the situation, sticky tears dripping slowly down her cheeks. He holds her, closer and closer and closer until there’s nothing left between them, and maybe this is how it will always be: heartbreak when she leaves and heartbreak when he returns, a soap opera of self-pity and endless devotion through unbreakable waves of uncertainty and cruelty. Come and go, pull and push, they are the tide and the moon and the seasons. Gone and back, here and there, time doesn’t apply to them when their arms are laced through the skin of each other. Apart they are broken, and as one, their broken fragments fit together to form the heartbreaking image of their reality.

“I love you too, and I’m still so sorry…”
    Her lips move against the niche of his throat.
    “Don’t let me leave, Trekk, don’t let me throw myself away again.”

ooc: this got better at the end but it's still yuck. but I wanted to get something up for you <3

Messages In This Thread
    you're my tragedy... noori - by Trekk - 09-29-2015, 02:41 PM
    RE: you're my tragedy... noori - by Noori - 10-11-2015, 03:46 PM
    RE: you're my tragedy... noori - by Trekk - 10-14-2015, 02:44 PM
    RE: you're my tragedy... noori - by Noori - 11-01-2015, 12:09 PM