• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you dare to do this? Rhynn

Rhynn gives her sass, and Camrynn (sorry, the Queen Illuminate) can't help but laugh. Camrynn likes her, the girl has spirit. "A magician is never late, Rhynn." she speaks gently, amusement clear in her tone. "He – or she – arrives precisely when they intend to." She speaks, as usual, with her voice-of-many-voices.

"And besides, how could I know that you were loyal? It's so easy to come back when you've barely been gone. But it takes true dedication to come back after months or years." Perhaps it's a lie, perhaps it's not. Perhaps the Queen had truly intended to test her. Or perhaps she'd simply gotten bored, or distracted.

"But you're here now, and you've obeyed me. Your time in the Valley has been fruitful, I trust?" she doesn't wait for an answer. "And so as you give me your service, I give you my gift." she smiles then, and the dark-light that surrounds her whips forward to encompass Rhynn too, closing in around her before the girl can even move.

The sensation would surely be a strange one, because the Queen Illuminate has pulled them inside Rhynn's own head. She has painted it beautiful, filled it with constellations like stars and miniature galaxies, all colored by the same fabulous light-darkness that has come to characterize Camrynn in this form. When the magician speaks, it is as though Rhynn is thinking it to herself, as though it echoes in her mind.

The gift I give you is the gift of silence, she begins, her voice clear and crisp in the expanse. A pressure builds inside Rhynn's mind, but it is like water filling a pitcher rather than something filling to bursting. Camrynn is unlocking things, opening up the part of the mind that is rarely used, tweaking and adjusting as she needs to accommodate the new magic. And as the intensity builds to a crescendo, as the feeling of fullness laps at the top of Rhynn's mind, there is an explosion of black stars and it is over. Rhynn sees normally again, the meadow is around them again, and the Queen Illuminate stands before her, expression as inscrutable as ever.

"Mental invisibility." she says, explaining the gift. "You can silence your thoughts, hide them – creep among even those who can read minds undetected." the queen smiles. "It will be a nice compliment to your darkness manipulation, and the two of them together will make you an even better servant for my needs."

She doesn't remind the girl that her new power depends entirely on her service. Rhynn knows – if she didn't know, she wouldn't be here, wouldn't have come when Camrynn called. The girl is fully aware of the ties that now bind them, and Camrynn knows she won't be running off and breaking them any time soon. She grins. "I certainly hope you enjoy it, and use it in good health." her voice is light, sweet. Of course she doesn't care if the girl enjoys it, or if she uses it in good health. She'd prefer all of her servants be healthy (dead is of little use to her, undead armies aren't really her thing) but she isn't about to lose sleep over it.

"Speaking of using it." she transitions smoothly, "I have need of you." She pauses for a moment, just long enough to tilt her light-dark head, as though looking at the girl from a different angle. "I need you to make a friend. His name is Tiberios, and he is King in the Falls. He is…interesting to me."

Truth be told, she isn't entirely sure why she finds him interesting. Perhaps it's as simple as him being one of Beqanna's newest crowned heads. Or perhaps it's her spidey sense tingling and telling her that there's a reason to be paying attention. Or maybe it's entirely and purely a whim. You never really can tell.

"I really do mean make a friend, at least for now." she chuckles. "No shenanigans." a pause, and a smile. "At least, not yet."

I really have no idea what she's got up her sleeve here :|

Messages In This Thread
    do you dare to do this? Rhynn - by Camrynn - 09-14-2015, 09:57 PM
    RE: do you dare to do this? Rhynn - by Rhynn - 09-15-2015, 05:26 PM
    RE: do you dare to do this? Rhynn - by Camrynn - 10-13-2015, 02:57 PM
    RE: do you dare to do this? Rhynn - by Rhynn - 11-06-2015, 10:27 PM