• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I know this hurts (it was meant to); ANY
    so you wanna play with magic?
    It's quite clear to her that politeness dictates she should leave. It's clear from the way they embrace each other, from the way they melt together like, well, father and son. It's clear in the way the boy looks at her, as though he thinks she's a threat. He hasn't quite placed her yet (she wonders if he ever will, she looks and acts absolutely nothing like her grandmother, resembling her mother far more, and Verily hasn't been seen in Beqanna for years). It's equally clear that Magnus is more neutral about her presence. Every bit the legendary man of many talents that the memories she's plucked from the collective consciousness paint him to be.

She should absolutely leave, she knows, she should absolutely let them have their moment together. But she doesn't want to let them slip away, doesn't want to let them escape – not while Magnus reeks of magic, and not while Legder and Magnus both are so tied into the bloodline of a mare that she's rather oddly fascinated with.

But she is practical first and foremost, and practicality sometimes means yielding what you want at the altar of what you have to do. And so she nods to the both of them, a gentle acknowledgment. "I'm Camrynn." Her velvet voice is respectful, delicate. "I'm glad you're both all right. I have some small skill with healing, if either of you are at all hurt." It's entirely untrue – she has quite a great skill with healing, the ability to even raise the dead without batting an eye, to heal any wound, to knit the dying back together. It's all in a day's work for her. But to brag in front of them serves no one and accomplishes nothing, and she's not much of one for futility.

Ever so briefly, she considers all that she could reveal to both of them. It is fascinating to her to think that the three of them are so intertwined, and the two of them think her a stranger. What would happen if she revealed herself to be the daughter of the stallion who killed Ledger's mother? The granddaughter of the mare who had failed to raise him (exactly as she'd failed to raise every other child she'd ever given birth to, turns out she's just a really terrible parent. Was a really terrible parent, being that she's now dead and all). What if she revealed to Magnus that she'd been the one to kill Librette (most recently)? Oh she can only imagine the fireworks that would be caused.

But as it is, this isn't the time, and she knows it. Instead, she simply offers both of them a nod again. "If neither of you need first aid, well, far be it for me to stand in the way of a happy reunion." she smiles at the both of them, small but genuine. "I'll be on my way and let you two catch up."

And then she waits. The ball is in their court to decide if she will stay or if she will go. It matters little to her – she'll have her answers one way or the other, and she'll either listen in and spy on them or pick their collective memories later to understand everything that went on in the conversation. As it happens, the conversation they'll have without her there will probably be more useful to her than anything they'd say with her present. But believe it or not, her own self-interest is actually not what's motivating her here. She's actually preparing to leave (unless they stop her) because she genuinely wants to grant their wish for time alone.

That's as close as she's ever been to being nice. Usually when she's nice, there are strings attached. But this time, no strings, no nothing, just a mare waiting to see whether she's needed, or whether she's cleared to leave a father and son to work out years (decades) of things unspoken.
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know this hurts (it was meant to); ANY - by Camrynn - 09-14-2015, 12:09 AM