• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In a city after midnight; Any

But the night fades away and gives way to the day

Rhy didn't get to stargaze? But it was one of the little filly's favorite activities so far, even if she didn't know which star was which yet. The thought that her visitor/new friend wasn't able to take part made her sad, but she brightens back up quickly from having an idea. "We could do it together, sometime! There's places where trees don't block out the sky, like in the Meadow. Maybe we could even see a shooting star! " Rhy tells her that the grass will heal, and the lingering guilt leaves Draconis' heart upon hearing this; too bad the ache in her submerged forefeet didn't do likewise. Something that will have to take time to heal, she guesses with an inner sigh. "That's good, I hope it grows back even more green and strong than before. "The firebreather lets out a startled gasp as she sees first the sparks, then the tiny lightning, dancing over the hide of the gold and white mare. Rhy was magic!

Her mouth hangs open for a moment before she realizes this and hastily snaps her jaws closed again, grinning with amazement. "Maybe I could learn to do that, without burning myself? " The mare asks about her mother, and she frowns just a bit now. "Her name is Shadowsilk, but we don't live anywhere. We were staying in the Meadow and keeping to ourselves.....Do you think she might have gone somewhere else looking for me? Maybe your Jungle? " She can feel her stomach voicing its increased displeasure over the lack of mealtime, and ignores it even though it makes the rest of her squirm. It's becoming rather embarrassing, actually. Draconis imagines that they could hear her stomach over a five mile radius. Why won't the noisy thing shut up? The filly tilts her head curiously at the lightning-adorned mare. She seemed very nice. Maybe she could stay with her, especially if she ended up not able to reunite with her mommy?

Draconis

For what else is the night to do?
    Photograph by Isabel Mansfeld

Messages In This Thread
    In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 09-10-2015, 05:20 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 09:58 AM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 09-20-2015, 10:55 AM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Rhy - 09-22-2015, 02:47 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 10-04-2015, 07:06 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Rhy - 10-12-2015, 12:58 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 10-14-2015, 06:19 AM