• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In a city after midnight; Any

But the night fades away and gives way to the day

Head still a-swivel, she quickly catches sight of the gold and white mare approaching.  The coloration alone tells Draconis that this is not her mommy, come to find her.  Who was it, then?  The black filly waits patiently as the stranger approaches her, loathe to remove her forehooves from the creek water that chuckled and soothed.  She nickers back, politely, in response to the unfamiliar mare's greeting.  Momma always said that being polite to other horses was very important.  Number one rule.  She will follow it even if Shadowsilk isn't here to see her doing so.  The little girl smiles at hearing the mare's name, for she finds it pretty despite its shortness.  "Hello, Rhy, it's nice to meet you.  My mommy calls me Draconis.  She said that I should have a star name to go with my blanket, but I don't know which one is my star....do you know anything about stars?  "  A whiff of smoke in her nostrils causes her to recall what had just happened, and she feels a blush of embarrassment in her ebony cheeks.  "Um, if you saw a patch of burned grass close by, that was me I'm afraid.  I don't know how I did it, but I'm sorry that I hurt the grass.  I didn't mean to burn it....", she says, her voice dropping to nearly a whisper with her last sentence.  Her little tummy rumbles, quite audibly this time, and she can't help but whimper.  "I wandered off and lost my mommy, and I'm so hungry.  " She eyes Rhy up again, this time with a desperate sort of hope, and still completely oblivious that the little territory she has wandered into is solely for the uniting of orphaned foals with new parents.  "Are you here to help me?  Did my mommy send you? "  

Draconis

For what else is the night to do?
    Photograph by Isabel Mansfeld

Messages In This Thread
    In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 09-10-2015, 05:20 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 09:58 AM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 09-20-2015, 10:55 AM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Rhy - 09-22-2015, 02:47 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 10-04-2015, 07:06 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Rhy - 10-12-2015, 12:58 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 10-14-2015, 06:19 AM