• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

go out to the places you will be from | any

I chuckle, delighted with Everdeen's quick responses. Anyone who looked at her would think she was weak or incapable, but her mind reveals a vastly different picture. It's satisfying to catch glimpses of her sass. Gryffen thinks she might be an easy target but I am happy to acertain that Everdeen would be capable of handing even him a challenge. Not that I'll leave. After all, we are now at three Chamber horses to two Valley horses and I like those odds just fine.

You may not discriminate, little man, but I am happy to report that my tastes are a little more discerning than your own. You'd find me a bit more of a challenge than your collection of broken toys, and I am not entirely sure you are up to the task.” I grin, baring my teeth widely. Oh if he only knew how old I was and how many sadistic stallions like him I have seen come and go. They always make up some of the base layer of a kingdom.

We are interrupted by Kushiel's arrival. I appraise him cooly.

Of course, darling, neither of us are idiots, and as far as I know the Chamber hasn't moved locations.” I say sharply, responding to his evident reluctance at our arrival. Silly boy, he had to have known that I was going to crash his party at some point. He'd have to choose a vastly different kingdom if he never wanted to see me again.

Not that he does want to avoid me. We have an odd and affectionate relationship, my son and I. It requires annoyance, distance and rare moments of wisdom to maintain.

I roll my dark eyes at Gryffen's comment. Really. Anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't come on to anyone, no matter how entrancing. And that is not a word I would use to describe Gryffen.

Values, hm. I'd say Demian values whatever will advance and strengthen the Chamber, much as your queen values that for her home.” Saying a lot while saying little. It's one of the few redeeming qualities of diplomacy. “After all, what matters most is what the Valley herself values. Demian is a more than capable conduit. And,” here I nod to Straia, acknowledging her question, "a better question is, how can help one another encourage a little bit of chaos in an otherwise quiet place? That is what we are here for."

I look at Everdeen, and the others, waiting to see what will be offered up next.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: go out to the places you will be from | any - by Gryffen - 09-08-2015, 08:31 PM
    RE: go out to the places you will be from | any - by Gryffen - 09-20-2015, 02:30 PM
    go out to the places you will be from | any - by Gallows - 09-22-2015, 11:39 AM