• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is the howling at the moon; eld & soliel

in the morning when I wake and the sun is coming through,
    oh you fill my lungs with sweetness and my head is filled with you

She loses track of what’s happening, the cold has done it’s work on her. All she knows is that she’s going to a place whose name she recognizes and that she can feel the warmth of the others who shoulder her weight between them. It’s a long and slow process due to her confusion and frozen limbs. If she could think clearly she would be embarrassed for herself and ashamed for putting them through this. There are a few times when her knees buckle and she gasps out to stop for a moment. Luckily they are always there to catch her, the red mare and the gray stallion. It must be an odd sight, this strange trio making their turtle like way towards the Dale.

The body warmth of the two starts to work a little magic into tired cold bones. She starts to come back to her senses although her skin still quivers from the winter chill, teeth still chatter involuntarily. Although her mind is still clouded with confusion, there’s some clarity in the bright blue eyes that now open easily to take in what’s going on around her. She’s no longer near death’s door and it’s all thanks to them. The snow has eased and she can feel sunlight on her back. Blinking into the glaring whiteness, she takes in the Dale while Ramiel thanks Eld for her help. She should be thanking both of them as well but she can’t, so suddenly struck with fear. She can’t remember anything. Oh she knows this place, she knows that this place means something. But she can’t remember. Maybe it’s because a thick blanket of snow covers everything but nothing sparks a long lost memory. 

Exhaustion overcomes her and she sways slightly on the spot. Close to tears she turns her head towards the two saviors that had kept death at bay. ”I can never thank you enough for helping me.” As Ramiel questions her with concern she shakes her head, muttering slightly to herself but loud enough for them to hear. ”I know this place. I know the Dale. I can’t remember… I can’t remember anything.” Her last sentence is strained, a single tear escaping from the others that brim in her eyes. It runs down her white cheek and freezes to her fur. Why can’t she remember?

Soliel
    can I be close to you?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is the howling at the moon; eld & soliel - by Soliel - 09-08-2015, 03:03 PM