• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing is forever [Any]
    fiasko
    Fiasko can already feel herself falling in love with the little girl. She's so different than her own children, so affectionate, so sweet. Sahm had been a shy quiet thing at that age, and Sidra … well, that girl has a wild streak a mile wide.

But this little dear thing is neither of those things. She’s kind, sweet, and full of innocent happiness and naivety. Such a lovely little girl.

Fiasko’s heart melts when the child instantly calls her Mom, but the child’s insistance that she not be left behind ‘again’ makes her realize what’s going on. The girl doesn’t even realize that Fiasko’s not her real mother. She doesn’t even remember what her birth mother looked, sounded or smelled like.

Perhaps that’s for the best though. Fiasko remembers her own birth mother … and those memories aren’t pleasant. This little girl doesn’t need to know that her birth mother abandoned her. She doesn’t ever need to know that she wasn’t wanted by someone. “Of course darling, I’ll never leave you behind. I promise.”

The girl begins searching for milk, and Fiasko winces. They definitely need to find food, and soon. They should start heading to the Gates. “I’m sorry sweetie, I’m not producing right now. But, I have a friend back home who might be able to help. We should get going!”

The Gates are momentarily forgotten however when the girl starts bursting with enthusiasm at the thought of a name. Fiasko is momentarily struck dumb. She’d had lots of time to come up with the names for the twins (while she hadn’t been expecting twins, she’d thankfully come up with both a girl and a boy name. But coming up with a name right on the spot is a little more difficult.

She thinks hard for a moment, brow furrowed. Finally one comes to her … she just hopes the girl likes it. “What about Caitlyn? Would you like the name Caitlyn?”
    i'm still waiting for the world to end

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-01-2015, 02:23 PM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-04-2015, 02:49 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-04-2015, 11:05 PM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-09-2015, 01:35 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-09-2015, 11:32 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-12-2015, 12:51 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-13-2015, 04:30 PM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-14-2015, 07:56 PM