• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Go Forth and Set The World On Fire {Quest}

My ears are perked, listening intently to the stranger.  A kind smile coming to my lips as he speaks his name.  My mismatched eyes widen as he speaks of a mission, or quest as he has called it.  "It is nice to meet you Knaught.  A quest sounds fun!  We haven't anything pressing to do."  I am curious to hear more and so I listen to him continue his purpose here.  

He speaks more of his quest, and I can understand the reason for his distractions earlier.  Upon hearing him speak of the lost Kingdom my face glows.  I find myself looking to Ruhr wide eyed before focusing back on the black stallion. "Oh yes I know Tephra well!  It was a wonderous land full of bright flowers and colorful creatures of land and sea!" I pause briefly before adding, "I traveled there with my father many times as a foal.  When I was just learning my shifting too!  They had so many wonderful birds.  One in particular was all the colors of the rainbow!" A childlike wonder is expressed upon my face, "And the fairies asked you to help bring it back?!  How wonderful!"  I look to Ruhr again to find any sort of expression on his face.  "It would be lovely to go back and visit," I say as my gaze shifts back to Knaught, a more puzzled look coming to my features now, "Remnants you say, hmmm... I haven't seen anything of Tephra in many, many years.  I would suppose it all was swept away with the lands, hmmm."  Think Demi think.  My eyes close as I take a deep breath, clearing my mind.  

With a deep exhale my eyes snap open with a gitty, girlish smile, "I got it!"  I laugh excitedly before taking a few steps back from my new friends, a look of determination comes over my face as I crouch, then leap into the sky.  The shift is fluid, and where a horse had been, there manifests a large rainbow-colored bird of the volcanic isle.  The wings of this form flap quickly as I lift into the skies, circling with a squawk above them.  My tail fans out in a triangular shape as I turn and aim to land on the withers of the spotted stallion.  My toes grip his mane as I reach with my seed cracking beak to preen a brilliantly colored feather from my tail.  I straighten and side shimmy up the crest of his neck, gently tucking the feather in his mane.

Leaping back into the air I flutter to the ground and land beside Ruhr where my equine form shifts back.  I am smiling, just as I was before I had shift into the avian form, "Does a feather from the macaws of Tephra work?"

Of Legends & Myths
    Demi

@Knaught
    //Avian Shifting-Phoenix Type Immortality\\
    Her appearance will be noted 
    at the end of each reply.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Go Forth and Set The World On Fire {Quest} - by Demi - 03-27-2024, 09:31 PM