• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't you hear me howling?
    Skywalker
    "I don't want my life to imitate art,
    I want my life to be art."
    -Carrie Fisher

Her name rings through the air and confusion settles in where fear had been rattling her bones. The voice sounds familiar, but a quick search of her memory does not recall ever meeting any large felines like this lioness that sits before her. Her grey eyes widen as the cat springs forward and she can’t seem to scramble away fast enough. Those same stormy eyes squeeze shut, anticipating the worst.

The sound of hooves thudding on the ground and the lack of sharp canines on her throat only add to her confusion. Slowly, she reopens her eyes. Surprise and relief flood her system as she realizes Myrna stands before her instead of the lioness. The breath she’d been holding escapes in a loud sigh that quickly turns into a series of nervous giggles.

Still so childlike in her impulsivity, she rushes forward immediately to embrace the pale mare. “Oh Myrna! I’m so glad to see you too!” She draws back to better look at Myrna and notices that something, something she can’t quite name, has changed in her friend. Her gaze shifts briefly to the crown that lays behind Myrna and a question burns in her storm-colored eyes, but she instead looks back to Myrna.

“I don’t think I knew you could turn into other things! That’s very neat!” She shakes her head as her face falls slightly, but she continues on, “I’m sorry I’ve been gone so long. I don’t have a good answer as to why… is this still your home? How have you been, by the way?”

Some things never change, including that rapid-fire way she speaks.

IMAGE BY otis4rt

@ Viszla 

Messages In This Thread
    don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-16-2024, 04:19 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 03-22-2024, 10:33 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-23-2024, 01:33 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 03-24-2024, 07:45 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-30-2024, 11:04 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 04-14-2024, 11:42 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 05-03-2024, 10:11 PM