• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A God's Creation

-By sea one way, by land another-

I had been lurking the depths of the endless tides since the lands had changed into unrecognizable masses.  My waterfall gone.  My crystalline pool no more.  Like the old world I was washed away into the sea, and it is only now -five years later- that I decide I am lonely. Lonely?  It was a weird feeling for me.  Creeping up from the darkest of depths I feel it tug me towards the lands.  Each flick of my finned tail propels me nearer to the island of land.  My reptilian-like eyes can see the clouded mirage of craggy cliffs above as I near the opening of a cove.  I press on and around the edges, choosing my break to the surface carefully.  Slowly.  I could not know the dangers that may wait for me there.  I did not fear anything here in my waters.  Here I am Queen, Siren and Heathen

These shorelines are something from a distant memory.  Not that this land is a memory, but the emerald cloaked trees stir something from within me.  A youthful past in which my sister and I played tag between the silent pillars.  My adopted sister who I had accidently harmed by what I was. Running, chasing, hunting.  It was the first time I felt the creature take hold and I had spent many years hiding myself away.  That is until one day I met someone much like me and I could finally be myself...

My head rises higher above the water's surface to gauge the distance to the shore and to scout for any that may be watching me.  Iridescent scales glitter in the faint sunlight like mini prisms. My aqua eyes, slitted for the darkness of the ocean, squint as they adjust to the air.  Do I dare leave the safety of my sea on a whim of feelings?  My mind juggles the ideas as I draw nearer to the tree line.  Ocean water shallow and I can feel the rocky bottom brush along my sleek body.  As contact is made, I feel the change.  My great finned tail morphs into a matching hind set of appendages.  The foreign parts of me I had long forgotten push me up above the waters and onto pebbled land.  I stagger, like a newborn foal.  Stumbling forward slightly, shifting my weight to my front half to regain my balance.  A wispy snort is expelled from my muzzle as I breathe in strange air, strange smells.  Tangled black strands fall across my face, covering my unchanging eyes.  They, along with my scaled skin, are the only remnants of my altar form.  

I was out of my comfort zone, out of my element, and vulnerable here...

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes

Messages In This Thread
    A God's Creation - by Deiti - 01-31-2024, 10:12 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by jamie - 02-02-2024, 11:19 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by Deiti - 02-03-2024, 08:48 AM
    RE: A God's Creation - by jamie - 02-10-2024, 09:02 PM