• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's beauty when its bleak; vital
    The blazing bird transforms into a fiery stallion, and though Malik has never seen his childhood friend in this final shape it is still somehow familiar. Vital as a true adult, grown up from the colts pretending to be stallions they'd once been. Malik had never thought to see him again at all, let alone grown and (seemingly) thriving. it brings a warmth to his chest, one that is mirrored in the temporary appearance of flames on his own body, a brief and incomplete shift of his skin to match Vital's. 

"I'm glad you aren't." He replies, both earnest and somber. That Vital had survived - that any of them had survived - is a miracle. His friend's faith in him renews his previous smile, somewhat self-conscious but also pleased. He had not had quite as much faith in himself.

"Have you seen what we survived for?" Malik asks, gesturing to the broader world around them. He has not ventured far, preferring the safety of the place that he already knows. With someone else, with Vital, perhaps there is some value in exploration. 

ooc: i wrote this at work and was interrupted every 3rd word. i know this thread is old so if you wanted to wrap it or start a new one or whatever i am down for anything!

Messages In This Thread
    there's beauty when its bleak; vital - by Malik - 05-11-2023, 03:37 PM
    RE: there's beauty when its bleak; vital - by Malik - 09-26-2023, 12:31 PM