• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the ties that bind, oriash
    ↼ORIASH⇁

they promised that dreams come true

”It is,” he says, and his touch feels like breathing. It feels like she’s been holding a breath since the destruction of the Cove that she didn’t even realize she was holding, like she’s been drowning for a year and just finally came back up for air. Should she feel like this? Does she have any right to be so joyful to see Chemdog again when they’d spent so little time together? Perhaps not. Perhaps she is grasping at something she has no claim to, and yet if she can read him correctly, it seems like perhaps he may feel the same way too.

She presses into him as he leans his forehead against her mane. The hope creeps in further, and she cannot banish it. She knows what hope does, she knows the gaping wound it leaves behind when hopes are dashed. And yet, and yet she cannot kill her hope, even if she knows it may kill her.

Oriash has come to accept a life alone. That has been her whole life, and every time she touches something like an actual life it disintegrates in her hand. How can she expect anything, anyone, to stay, when they never have before? And yet he found her, and it feels like something larger than coincidence.

She does not want him to pull away, though he does not go far, and she turns enough so she can face him, a soft smile on her lips and joy in her eyes. She chuckles at his comment, ”You’d think I’d be used to her mood swings by now.” She sighs slightly as he mentions no more Cove though. “I feel as though I will spend a lifetime chasing my own home.” Though maybe home didn’t have to be a land, she thinks even as she speaks. Maybe home could be someone instead of some place.

“I’ve been,” she starts before hesitating, deciding if she pretends she’s fine when she’s almost never really been fine. She just survives. “Honestly, I don’t know. I’ve just been.” her chuckle is rueful, but she trusts him with this truth of hers. “Do I ever have plans?” she responds, her voice teasing now, a smaller smile on her face. “If you’ve nowhere to be, maybe we can go on a walk?” She just found him, and she wanted to keep him as long as she possibly could.

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@Chemdog  - pretty sure I'm the one who writes rubbish

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    the ties that bind, oriash - by Chemdog - 04-23-2023, 07:20 AM
    RE: the ties that bind, oriash - by Oriash - 04-24-2023, 09:45 AM
    RE: the ties that bind, oriash - by Chemdog - 04-24-2023, 10:53 AM
    RE: the ties that bind, oriash - by Oriash - 05-05-2023, 01:11 PM