• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  living just to say goodbye; Stargaze

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

The chipper quality of her voice when she replies to him causes his ears to flatten and his nostrils to flare with suspicion. No one is ever happy to see him, and the fact that she sounded delighted to find him here struck a nerve. Not that it is particularly hard to strike a nerve with him, but this one is less common than the others. This one has a faint thread of confusion attached to it.

He could just fucking walk away, he thinks. His feet work perfectly fine. Hell, he could even fly away. His wings also work great. And yet, he does not. Despite the way the feathers of his wings ruffle with annoyed discomfort, he remains.

Is he really that fucking desperate for company? Impossible.

“Is it?” he bites back, though now he eyes her much more speculatively. The way her tongue had rolled over the word ‘pleasure’ definitely gave him ideas. Ideas she had no doubt intended, but he really isn’t a very complicated man. And the way she smiles at him, even serrated as it is, draws a familiar tension through him.

He steps closer, his body bristling with a different kind of danger now, though his dark gaze remains just as flinty as it had been. Deliberately, he invades her space, looming in a way that almost simultaneously repels and attracts. The corners of his lips quirk up in a smirk that contains no humor. “That’s me, a fucking ray of sunshine.”

@Stargaze

Messages In This Thread
    living just to say goodbye; Stargaze - by Ashhal - 04-20-2023, 08:57 AM
    RE: living just to say goodbye; Stargaze - by Ashhal - 05-03-2023, 09:58 AM