• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you said there's a nursery where all the stars came to life

So far, Nemeon had never met someone with abilities that could rival his in terms of how downright depressing they could be. Even though Anaise’s could be cruel, showing him what he wished for, it was still beautiful - still marvelous. If he ever paused to think about it, he would realize that of course there would be parallels - even worse things - out there in the world. But Nemeon never did pause to think about it.

Out of habit, he is quick to shake his head at her apology - lingering on it despite the fact that she does make the attempts to move on. “It’s not your fault - I think most abilities probably are gifts so it’s usually a safe question. I am just unlucky enough to be cursed instead.” It sounds bitter, even to his own ears, and Nemeon’s belatedly ashamed about sulking so obviously - making a small face at himself as though he had just tasted something sour. There are habits that are hard to break, despite the fact that he really is delighted to be sharing space with someone.

He makes some effort in that moment to accept her tentative smile and the opportunity she provides him to focus on something else. “I’m Nemeon, and I’d like to say I’m normally not such a drag but I don’t know if that’s really true anymore.” His golden eyes flash with a small smile at this little self-deprecating joke. It lightens his mood a little - and he does his best to cling to that brightening and let him inspire him. No point in allowing himself to linger in the dark thoughts when he’s already physically, perpetually, trapped in darkness. Right?

Speaking of the dark - that at least gives him a little idea and his golden eyes warm in a more sincere smile - allowing himself to feel the joy and hope that bubble within him hidden among the rest of his usual emotions. “Since the rain does not seem to be letting up, would you like to see one of my favourite places in the forest? It isn’t far.”

NEMEON

@Allaire
    Nemeon is radioactive
    Those that touch him may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions.
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to his blood.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you said there's a nursery where all the stars came to life - by Nemeon - 11-01-2023, 11:54 AM