• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you said there's a nursery where all the stars came to life
    i can’t stop you putting roots in my dreamland,
    my house of stone, your ivy grows, and now i’m covered in you

“No, I suppose that I won’t,” she concedes with a small smile. She has never really been the type to be afraid of the dark, but she must admit that it is reassuring knowing that she will never be entirely encompassed by it. For now, her light is limited to only appearing as an echo to her movements, but sometimes she finds herself hoping that she might someday learn to summon it at will. She has seen others capable of it, and while she is not really the type to be envious, she could not deny that she did feel a twinge of longing at the sight of it.

The topic shifts, and she regrets asking him if he possessed anything when she reads the expression on his face.

She should have known better—she has been here long enough to know that so many here harbored things that felt more like curses rather than gifts. Beqanna, she had come to find, is flooded with magic, but it is just as cruel as it is beautiful. She thinks of the man forced to be invisible to anyone that has not witnessed death, and the other boy surrounded by fire, and she wishes that she could take back her words when Nemeon reveals his own plight. “Oh,” she says softly, the weight of her regret falling into that single syllable, her mind grasping for a way to apologize without it sounding as if she pities him. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have pried,” she says with a shake of her pale head, and a tentative smile. “And I didn’t even introduce myself, did I? My name is Allaire.”
    Allaire

@Nemeon

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you said there's a nursery where all the stars came to life - by Allaire - 10-02-2023, 04:44 PM