• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you said there's a nursery where all the stars came to life
    i can’t stop you putting roots in my dreamland,
    my house of stone, your ivy grows, and now i’m covered in you

She does not recognize the danger that lurks within him, but her own cautious nature keeps her from moving closer anyway. Even though she was intrigued by most everyone she has met here she could not shake the feeling that they were hiding something that she could not see—she thinks of the boy who had been invisible entirely, and the other boy illuminated by fire. It only makes sense that the residents must be as unpredictable as the land itself—beautiful but dangerous, enchanting but sharp-edged.

But she has been alone for so long, and the rain is still falling from the sky in that relentless way that made it seem as if there would be no end to it. She would take her chances with sharing shelter with a stranger; he did not seem overtly threatening. His voice was quiet, his eyes soft in an almost melancholy kind of way, and though she felt something tug inside of her chest she does not allow herself to shift any closer.

She would have then let themselves fall into a comfortable silence—almost silent, that is,  save for the sound of the rain—if not for his question. She tilts her head to look at the fading light that still lingered from when she had shifted her wings, before looking back to him with a small smile. “It does, but I’m not sure why,” she takes a step sideways as she says this as if in demonstration, the light illuminating from some inexplicable place before once again dissolving back into nothing since it had no movement to trail. “I can’t control it, though. It just appears when I move.”

Allaire pauses for a moment, considering whether or not she wants to say anything, but decides to grasp the opportunity to ask him: “What about you? Do you have any…gifts?”
    Allaire

I forgot I had started this before we even went to new york Smile @Nemeon

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you said there's a nursery where all the stars came to life - by Allaire - 06-17-2023, 12:54 AM