• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  but we're on the road to ruin, gaytra lynn
    i showed him all my teeth & then i laughed out loud,
    because i never wanted saving, i just wanted to be found

There is a certain kind of safety to be found in the understanding that this is only a game—that the two of them are playing a part, and that when they inevitably go their separate ways there will be nothing that follows them. She is not looking for love, and she highly doubts he is looking either (and if he is, he will not find it here). There is not much in this world that she will admit to being afraid of, but there is a reason she has always kept her distance from emotions that could lead to lasting scars.

There is something about the cunning glint to his eye that tells her she does not have anything to worry about; this is all harmless, and not only that, it is fleeting.

And it’s the understanding of this impermanence that causes her to cast all her cares aside, to give herself permission to focus all her attention on the shadow-weaver in front of her and forget about everything else. She is brash and young and still does not understand how her actions could have lasting consequences—or perhaps she does, and she just has elected to not care at this moment.

“Lie,” she repeats his name, rolling the single syllable along her tongue as if she is tasting it, savoring it, her blue eyes locked with his. The waves continue to lap at her heels, her mane having dried into long, tangled coils with the help of the ocean-water and the seabreeze, and though she does recoil from the shadows that tug gently at her, she does not entirely give into them. “Maybe you should get in the water,” she says sweetly, an impish glint to her eye when she adds, “I promise I’m not the type of siren that lures men to their deaths.” Unfortunately.
    A D R I A N A

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but we're on the road to ruin, gaytra lynn - by Adriana - 06-19-2023, 12:50 PM