• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  here i am, i'm not really there [any]
    don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years

“Come back once you’ve made some effort in making a mark in the world you’re living in now.”

What does that even mean?

Five years on this planet and he’s never really given any thought to what to do with the rest of his time. Now it seems that he’s going to have to figure something out if he’s ever going to ascend the mountain again to plead his case before its jury, to see his dream come to fruition.

The forest is closest, so he heads there once dismissed by the fairy, head swimming with questions and possibilities. Though nothing will ever change the deep affection he carries for his family and their bonds, now he wonders if he should have tried harder to forge connections outside of their tightly knit nucleus.

Everything had come easily when he was still so young.. fun, laughter, friends. Everything. But then death came to steal his smile, his carefree extroversion, his innocence.

He always had (and still does) yearned for companionship, but since that day, maintaining any kind of relationship had become an insurmountable obstacle in his path. He could always sense that he created problems where none existed, yet he never seemed to be able to stop himself before things exploded in his face.

Make a mark in the world..

To do so, he knows that the first step is to try again on the social scene. Always a difficult task, it seems even more daunting now that he is far from the comfort of his home. His strange eyes take in the scene before him, envy flooding his system as he witnesses others interacting so painlessly.

He could approach someone, but something roots his feet to the ground and he stands there gracelessly, silently willing a face to turn toward him, to save him the dread of making a fool of himself.

EDDIE
    for Ian
    image by hel-gi

Messages In This Thread
    here i am, i'm not really there [any] - by eddie - 04-10-2023, 11:37 AM