• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  say I was in your dream last night
    margot

Excited, Margot matches Zohariel’s step forward. She almost giggles with joy, delighted by the night sky standing right in front of her. She bobs her head a bit and presses forward, reaching out her muzzle in an affectionate greeting. She blinks and draws back, the grin on her face small and perhaps a bit dazed.

“Come come come come come,” Margot cheers, the same word blurring together in her excitement. She whirls on her back hooves, tail arched high in the air as she prances away from the ocean. Her joyous dancing quickly becomes serious walking as the sand weighs her down, but the elation on her face is still evident when she looks back at Zohariel.

The little mare clears her throat as she crests a dune and says, “You’ll fit right in with the Pangean night sky. I’ll bet you won’t even look like you’re there at just the right angle. Yes, a set golden eyes blinking amidst a sea of stars . . .” Margot trails off, stopping her excited path forward. She blinks up at the twilight above them and spins to grin at her new companion.

“You’ll have to pose for me just when the sky is right,” the grin on her face turns sly as she speaks, mischievous. “We can call it repayment for a thorough tour of your new home.”

Margot blinks slowly—reptilian—before turning back around to meander further toward the red dust of her beloved canyons. She smiles to herself, coveting these moments just as she covets all of Pangea’s secrets.

“It’s late spring so you’ve missed the jasmine blooming amongst the canyon river walls but—but the moss is cool and refreshing to drink from. And winter is the best season to see the starkness of all the strange forms that call this land their home.”

Margot stops staring at where the hillside mingles sand and clay.

“There,” she says, glancing at Zohariel. “Stand right at the edge of the hill. You’ll look wonderful.”

@Zohariel

Messages In This Thread
    say I was in your dream last night - by Zohariel - 03-30-2023, 11:01 PM
    RE: say I was in your dream last night - by margot - 05-01-2023, 10:57 PM