• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  say I was in your dream last night
    zohariel
    She watches the stranger approach - feels some sort of kinship and familiarity already at the sight of the markings that reflect those magnificent pockets of the night sky where there are so many stars (and whatever else might be living up there). The question brings a sliver of a smile to her eyes - though it may not be bright, it is warm and genuine all the same.

Always she thinks in response but does not say it out loud. May the sky and ocean forever meet and fill the world with stars.

She takes a step forward but remains standing in the shallow water for now. Inside of her, Margot will find no shortage of love - it flourishes for her family. There is stardust tangled in her mane and she feels such a swell of energy at night that she has only just begun to explore what she is capable of, but next to them she always felt like the baby, the one that does not shine quite so bright - the one that does not fit. It is all in her own mind, a festering of her own creation - because how can she do anything but adore them so and keep them on such high pedestals?

And love for the night as well, a deep and instinctual peace she feels when the sun goes down.

“I’m Zohariel. And… I’m not sure how to answer your question.” She finally says and her smile grows a little more. She never did get into the habit of laughing, never learned when that was an appropriate response, so while this would be a good spot for it no such sound escapes her. “Well, okay. I wasn’t seeking out Pangea in particular but I have been looking for something like it.” Zohariel’s golden eyes drift upwards momentarily. “Where the sky feels big.”

Only momentarily, though, because while the night sky will always act like a magnet to her - she is more interested in Margot at the moment. “Do you live here?” It would be an easy assumption to make, she’s sure, but she finds herself curious all the same and wants to check.

@ margot

Messages In This Thread
    say I was in your dream last night - by Zohariel - 03-30-2023, 11:01 PM
    RE: say I was in your dream last night - by Zohariel - 04-15-2023, 12:31 PM