• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  help me hold onto you, beyza
    who could ever leave me, darling,
    but who could stay?

The question that Beyza asks is not one she had ever expected to have an answer to.

Not because she did not think she would ever find love—that has never been a problem for her. She has lost more love than others could ever dream to even find, and as insatiable and selfish as she was, she so often continued to look for more.

Atrox had proven himself to be different. Not just because he stayed—there had been others willing to stay, but like a butterfly flitting from flower to flower, she was the one that had not lasted, her attention always drifting to someone else. When you have been broken beyond repair it is nearly impossible to find a singular thing that can fix you, and there has always been a part of her that knew that. She took pieces of what she needed from each of them, and never had she expected to find anyone that would render it all useless.

Atrox had stayed, but more importantly, he had convinced her to stay, without actually trying,

“Truth be told, I’m still not used to it,” she says with a disbelieving shake of her head. She had not known it was possible to have such unshakable faith in someone while simultaneously always expecting them to leave. “But, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Beqanna never stays the same, but it’s nice knowing that despite it all, Atrox doesn’t change.” She pauses, taking a moment to look closely at Beyza, before adding gently, “If that is something you hope to have one day, I promise you will find it.”
    Ryatah

@ Beyza

Messages In This Thread
    help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 03-27-2023, 10:07 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 04-02-2023, 08:15 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 04-07-2023, 11:28 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 04-16-2023, 11:00 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 05-07-2023, 11:25 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 05-31-2023, 11:00 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 07-30-2023, 06:24 PM