• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  help me hold onto you, beyza
    who could ever leave me, darling,
    but who could stay?

Much like her heart, she has made her home in too many different places, and not all of them inspired a lasting fondness.

There had been the shore and the jungle in the world before here—so long ago she hardly remembers it—and then of course the Valley and the Dale, and later Tephra, Taiga, Hyaline, and the Pampas. It would come as no surprise that nearly everywhere she had lived she had been led there by her foolish heart.

The Valley and Dhumin. Tephra and Skellig. Taiga and Illum.

And of course, Hyaline and Atrox.

“Hyaline felt like home because of Atrox,” she answers with an almost melancholy kind of smile. It had not mattered who had led the land; it had always felt like theirs, and theirs alone. Hyaline was beautiful, but many places were beautiful. The Valley had been where her roots first planted in Beqanna, where she had first learned what it meant to belong somewhere, but Hyaline is where her heart had finally learned a new, unbroken beat. “Which means he can make somewhere else feel like home just as easily, but it’s hard to let go of something I had let myself grow accustomed to. Which is my own fault; I know what this place is like.” Getting attached to anything here was dangerous; unless you were addicted to heartbreak.

When Beyza mentions Ischia she reaches to once again touch her nose to her shoulder. She is not sure just how attached Beyza had been to the island territory, or if she even harbored any kind of fondness for it still at all; perhaps the memory of the place was now tainted with blood and her daughter was glad for it to rest beneath the sea forever. “The Dale is a beautiful place, and it has always been an admirable kingdom. I think you would like it.” She herself did not plan on staying. Perhaps for a little while, but the Dale had never truly felt like home —not even with her blood spilled across its ground—and seeing the similarities to Hyaline only seemed to twist the knife lodged in her chest. If it was not coming back, it would be easier to not see pieces of it everyday.

“I haven’t really decided where I might go,” she muses aloud. She does not want to admit that she is still clinging to the fragile hope that the Valley or Hyaline might return, and that because of this she is hesitant to dedicate herself to any one place just yet. “But it’s nice knowing I have old and familiar options.”
    Ryatah

@ Beyza

Messages In This Thread
    help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 03-27-2023, 10:07 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 04-02-2023, 08:15 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 04-07-2023, 11:28 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 04-16-2023, 11:00 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 05-07-2023, 11:25 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 05-31-2023, 11:00 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 07-30-2023, 06:24 PM