• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I saw a piece of heaven waiting in patience for me
    The kindness from the filly inspires a feeling of warmth in Evermind’s heart - she appreciates the reassurance received, and is delighted by Sky’s response to her question about her name - she answers it perfectly. Because, indeed, she is a sky walker - or runner.

“I think having your head in the clouds sounds like a perfect place to have it.” Evermind had not been raised like that - her parents had encouraged dreaming, even if their clouds were the soft tufts of dandelions or the wispy blooms of smoketrees.

She wasn’t prone to wishing for things she did not have, but in this moment she wished she had inherited her mother’s wings - or the ability to craft them for herself. Sky painted such a lovely picture of running through the clouds and she could only imagine how dazzling it would be to be so close to the sun and be surrounded by it like she was once surrounded by the lush green foliage of her jungle home.

Skywalker’s enthusiasm brings forth a bright, delighted laugh from Evermind - and she’s thrilled to have made a new friend in the youth. The sky-dancer mentions other friends and, well, there is no time like the present to find out for themselves. “Perhaps! What do you say we go see if we can find some?”

evermind

@ skywalker

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I saw a piece of heaven waiting in patience for me - by Evermind - 07-01-2023, 06:39 PM