• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a dead and dying thing

Burn everything you love then burn the ashes.
    In the end everything collides;
    My childhood spat back out the monster that you see.

It wouldn’t surprise the painted stallion that strength and magicks have persisted in his line throughout the generations if he knew of them, but after his first death, Tatter had stopped paying much attention to his descendants. One isn’t supposed to have favored children, but Nocturnal had been a special one, and the most magical of all of his offspring. Frostweaver and Nocturnal were born of a second love that perhaps shouldn’t have happened, but the king had been strangely drawn to Fey after the disappearance of Reaver, and great powers had been borne from that little slave girl’s line.

Rulers and magicians and everything in between, and he’d be more proud if he knew more of them. The fact that his bloodline still persists would be enough for him to be satisfied. In decades past, bloodlines meant more than whatever magic one might have - magic was reserved for the Valley, the Dale, the Deserts; the mythical kingdoms. The Chamber may have had a beating heart, generously donated by a king from before even Tatter’s birth, but the magic of the kingdom was different then.

And if he’s being honest, he doesn’t even remember how long he ruled the Chamber, only that it had been a chaotic and cruel reign. Mayhaps age - and multiple deaths - has made him soft, but he can’t imagine a slave pen would be very welcome in today’s Beqanna, even today’s Chamber.

Times have changed and magic has become widespread, and perhaps it has made them weaker as a whole.

The girl speaks again and his ears flick forward in rapt attention, his eyes widening only slightly at the mention of her mother. “Straia,” he repeats with a low chuckle. “I never formally met her, though the war she orchestrated is what pulled me from the Afterlife in the first place.”

The bloodline is strong, and it is no surprise to him now that she has come to the Chamber. “Well met, Iris,” he continues, his long black tail flicking over his hind legs. “I’m Tatter, and though I know I don’t look that old, you are my great-granddaughter.”

Tatter.

@ Iris this post took a surprising amount of research, bc as it turns out I don't remember a lot from 10+ years ago

Messages In This Thread
    a dead and dying thing - by Iris - 03-20-2023, 03:22 PM
    RE: a dead and dying thing - by Tatter - 03-20-2023, 08:25 PM
    RE: a dead and dying thing - by Iris - 03-21-2023, 03:02 PM
    RE: a dead and dying thing - by Tatter - 04-10-2023, 02:26 PM
    RE: a dead and dying thing - by Iris - 04-17-2023, 09:23 AM
    RE: a dead and dying thing - by Tatter - 04-25-2023, 08:28 PM
    RE: a dead and dying thing - by Iris - 05-04-2023, 01:56 PM