• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i got a secret starting to rust
    jamie
    I CAN’T EXACTLY DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL
    BUT IT’S NOT QUITE RIGHT
    Revenge.
    Those strange yellow eyes flash and he sinks closer, an instinctive reaction. 

Target practice.
    And he understands, as the poison spreads across the earth, killing whatever it touches. It had been her, she had done it on purpose, she had felt him and responded in kind. (Had it been something defensive or merely a warning?)

He turns his focus to the ground underfoot, the way it rots. He knows nothing of poison or how to manipulate it, but he wills it out of the earth. And he feels it as it travels up from the soles of his feet, tunneling through the veins, hits the meat of his heart with an electric shock. (The eyes roll closed and he exhales a rasping, shuddering breath.) 

“Remarkable,” he murmurs as he releases his hold on it, lets it seep back into the earth. He does not engage in a war of wills, does not try to draw it directly from its source, he has no interest in enemies. Instead, he moves closer still, as if to inspect the source instead.

As if to inspect her.

“And what made you someone who is wont to carry out someone else’s revenge?” he asks, tilting that strange head. He draws a curtain of fog around them then, lets it press in close so as to shield them from the prying eyes of all of those ghosts. (As if it’s at all possible to hide from ghosts.) 

AND IT LEAVES ME COLD

@ Iris

Messages In This Thread
    i got a secret starting to rust - by jamie - 03-12-2023, 03:37 PM
    RE: i got a secret starting to rust - by Iris - 03-16-2023, 12:36 PM
    RE: i got a secret starting to rust - by jamie - 03-20-2023, 10:16 PM
    RE: i got a secret starting to rust - by Iris - 03-22-2023, 09:58 AM
    RE: i got a secret starting to rust - by jamie - 03-23-2023, 06:45 PM
    RE: i got a secret starting to rust - by Iris - 04-11-2023, 01:51 PM
    RE: i got a secret starting to rust - by jamie - 04-14-2023, 03:13 PM
    RE: i got a secret starting to rust - by Iris - 04-17-2023, 09:33 AM
    RE: i got a secret starting to rust - by jamie - 04-23-2023, 01:12 PM