• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    you love it when I'm bringing you hell; Ryatah

lord, I fashion dark gods too;

He watches the display of her emotions with a level of greed he had not fully realized was inside him. There is a vein of this, in him, a gold ore of emotion that so few are able to mine. A smile snakes its way on to his lips, glad to hear her voice again after these years, and with none of the stress of an endless dark void coloring it.
    She steps closer and he can fully breath the scent of her, sweetness with a faint acridity of stardust. He still does not move closer, even though the urge is there, stronger – he savors the feel of temptation, of wanting. It’s an art he’s mastered, in these centuries, for when he can have whatever he desires, he long ago found that the desire itself is often sweeter than the having.
    “Indeed,” he says, looking again at the land, the scrap tossed to them during Beqanna’s endless shuffles (he ignores the part he played in this, sending the acolytes to chase other worlds), “this was low on the list of places I might have saved. Beqanna should have consulted me when she redecorated.”
    He’d thought, of course, of pulling Pangea back for the second time, spitting in Beqanna’s face. But such alterations would requite his constant presence, his thread of magic, and when he left – and he would, inevitably, leave – it would be retaken, would sink once more, a nasty reminder that he could not reshape the land as permanently as he would like.

“We were due for a visit,” he says by way of explanation. Their last encounter had not entirely been his setup – he hadn’t had the pleasure of putting her in the void, after all – and he prefers to be the architect in all things, rather than forced to step into anyone else’s game.
    “Besides,” he says, voice lower, “I wanted to bring a housewarming gift.”
    He closes the space then, the last bit of space evanescing as his lips find her pale neck, the headiness of the closeness welcomed. This is not the gift, of course, but he wants her eager, breathless, wants her clouded with desire. Softly, he brings his lips to her ear, whispers to her.
    “Would you like to see?”

c a r n a g e

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you love it when I'm bringing you hell; Ryatah - by Carnage - 11-06-2022, 07:05 PM