• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I don't wanna talk about the way that it was
    As they walked along, Malik sees how eagerly Paj Sia takes in the world around them. Everything seems to please her. The Brilliant Pampas is a beautiful land, but Malik rarely gives it much thought. If he did, he tended to compare it to Hyaline, which only made him miss his former homeland all the more.

But the spotted mare sees the place with fresh eyes, her enthusiasm undimmed by memories of a different world. He finds himself smiling back, nodding his head in acknowledgement of her thanks. At the compliment he glances down shyly, but a quietly pleased smile remains when he looks back up.

She’ll keep an eye out for Sickle, she says, and now it’s his turn to be grateful. “Thank you. That means more to me than you know.”

Then she’s moving toward the water, sparing him the trouble of hiding the emotions that the statement brings up, and allowing him time to reform his smile.

‘Do you want to join me?’ she asks, and Malik flicks his ears forward curiously. He’s already had one swim today, but the idea of a second one is not unappealing. Nodding, he moves forward, and wades into the cool water.

@Paj Sia

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't wanna talk about the way that it was - by Malik - 11-12-2022, 10:25 AM