• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend
    cause i’m so dope and you’re a fiend

Just when he was beginning to feel somewhat at ease, she brought up his home. With great force, he fought the tightening of his shoulders and the wince in his eyes. The voice in his head reminded him the mare was just perplexed by the thought of this world being so new to him. Clearly, she was well versed in the equines soaring through the skies like birds and creatures dwelling in the depths like krakens. Stories of such things had slipped in one ear and out the other many times. Although, it was always assumed the stories were fairy tales. Something concocted by the couple who cared enough to unsuccessfully imply his green hyde was not an abomination. ”My home,” The latter words dripped with sarcasm and venom that came out with such force, he startled himself. ”Well it wasn’t…”

Before he was able to finish his sentence, the mare was brushing past him. Every fiber of his being told him not to track her, not to grant his optics the guilty pleasure of seeing a female walking away, even if she was simply leaving. But she stopped, and he was weak. His head swung back and to the left, allowing himself to briefly take in his views. Slabs of rubble and rocks seemed to capture her gaze as if they were enchanting. Whereas he was enchanted by her. In the depths of his heart, he knew it was deprivation from contact of any kind. But the way her dapples glistened under the sun, and her tail flickered made his chest expand. It only took the flickering of her tail for Hackjob to realize his hormones were thinking for him, as he hadn’t looked at the ruins around them for several seconds. He snapped his head back forward in serendipitous timing of her speaking again. A soldier. His seemingly uncontrollable brows raised yet again. Full of surprises, this stranger seemed to be. He watched as her chest rose and fell. Something about her seemed so familiar, although he could not put a hoof on it. They couldn’t have been more different. Or so he thought, until he heard the word mercenary. Hackjob knew in his heart he was no mercenary. Thoughts plagued his brain daily about the lives he had taken. The life he had taken that meant the most. He shoved it back down as deep as he could muster, snorting and shifting back and forth.

Her gaze in his direction called him back to reality. ”So, no. I’m not different.” He shakes his head more aggressively than intended, his mane flopping around and landing in disheveled sections on either side of his neck. ”Not everyone is a mercenary. Not everyone has a horn.” The statement came out very matter-of-fact. Still hung up on how cliche he had sounded, Hackjob tried his best to neutralize his tone and the situation. ”Different is not good or bad. It’s just different.”

It wasn’t until her ears pinned back that the stallion realized just how out of his element he truly was. The pride swelling inside of him told him to remain strong. Afterall, that is what a stallion was supposed to be, right? "Freedom is subjective.” Although he couldn't agree more, his teal pointed ears flickered backwards as well, and his eyes briefly snapped shut. No matter how vengeful the words spilling from her muzzle sounded, her glowing body and the combination of her confidence and mystery, he needed more. He snapped his orbs open and cursed himself for being so intrigued as to what her next move was. It would have been out of character for him to find a simple tour guide. Instead, he’d found a badass soldier who was probably plotting his demise. What an exhilarating way to go though.

When she finally turned to face him again he exhaled shallowly. Once again, he found himself failing to size her up. The boldness of her moves, her words, stirred something inside of him he had long since forgotten. But was that for the best? Past horrors always have a way to come back to haunt you, what if he was inviting one in? Ignoring the malice or disbelief placed on the word ‘freedom’, he finally found his voice.

As his unknown stranger turned to face him again, a buzz shot through his veins and he took yet another stride forward. With his eyes trained directly on hers, fighting the imagined images of her shedding blood with her horn and the her rump giving property value to the scenery, he managed to grumble,

”I’m going to stop following everyones fucking rules.” His voice grew deeper and he pressed on further. ”And I also want to know your name.”

ooc: dude I love her <3 i'm so rusty and it shows but thanks for helping me try and get my groove back 

@Famkee

Messages In This Thread
    cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-15-2022, 05:21 PM
    RE: cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-28-2022, 05:54 PM