• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend
    cause i’m so dope and you’re a fiend

His gray eyes remained trained on her as she gazed around. Something about this equine seemed far more interesting than the world unfolding before him. When her gaze returned, only then did he humor her by moving his head from side to side, letting out a long whistle. ”Privacy is for those who have something to hide..” Allowing the words to linger for a moment, his demon’s face clouded his memories again. Hackjob had more to hide than he would ever admit to anyone, let alone himself. That was too dangerous. As a young colt, he was well aware of the fact that denial was the only way to stay safe. Dig a grave, toss in all your secrets, and run away. Before long others would forget the wrong doings, the tragedies, the loss. Surely, he could as well.

”I like empty. No one questions my resting habits then.” A coy smile played across his lips. Poking fun at her was, sadly, the most fun he had managed in quite some time. Fun. Such a strange concept. The green pelted stallion knew he was in his prime. Everything should be exciting and new, he should be thrilled to have found a strange new land, with strange new beings. Yet the strings of his brain kept reigning him in, reminding him life was not something he was meant to enjoy.

”Have you ever seen a horned equine?” The question pulls him back into the present, his brows raised. She was rather straightforward, and that he appreciated. His voice came out low, but much warmer than before. Of course, he had never seen such a thing. However, for whatever reason, this new acquaintance was sticking around, and offending this beautifully strange creature was not on his to-do list. ”I’m afraid to say I have not. It’s quite…Lovely?” With the last word stumbling out like a question he chuckles. ”I’m not entirely sure what to make of it.”

The brief laughter that fell from her lips caused his entire body to unintentionally perk up. The sound was committed to his memory- he had no idea the next time he might hear a sound that wasn’t his own racing thoughts. The mare did not offer up her name, but he couldn’t rightfully blame her. Afterall, she knew nothing of him, or he of her. ”My travels are boring, and irrelevant.” He managed, keeping his voice as even as possible. ”You’re correct though, I’m not from here. Yourself?” The question is left as open ended as possible, afterall, he was seeking information. Sometimes you had to take what you could get.

@Famkee

Messages In This Thread
    cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-15-2022, 05:21 PM
    RE: cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-27-2022, 08:16 AM