• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend
    cause i’m so dope and you’re a fiend

The unmistakable sound of hooves padding along resulted a rather slow rise of his head. Hackjob blinked a few times, allowing the blurry world to snap back into focus. He was unsure how long he had been asleep. Perhaps moments, perhaps hours. Sleep came so rarely for him. Most nights he stood around, his eyes feeling heavy and his body in agony. Without fail, the moment his aching bones were ready for sleep, his mind came to life. Images of his past life. Her. His home, his family. Always all at once. A never ending sequence of every mistake he had ever made. So sleep was rarely more than anxious resting, if it could've been considered that at all. One thing was for certain- it was much needed. He craned his neck from side to side, and that was when he saw the passing sound that ruined his slumber.

Mares. Typical. Always there to ruin his peace and quiet. He allowed himself a moment to take in the creature before him. One thing was for sure, she was unlike anything he'd ever seen before. Dappled, much like himself, only a much less repulsive color. But his eyes remained traced on the protrusion from her head. Peculiar, the little voice in his head mused. Her body language seemed anything but invitational, however, he had yet to meet anyone else in this unfamiliar place and that alone spiked the repressed curiosity that was beginning to claw it's way out. 

Following a subtle cough to announce he had awoken, the stallion stretched his legs and rather clumsily rose to his feet. Sometimes he felt as if he'd never outgrown his wobbly foal legs, constantly tripping and drunkenly stumbling around. Unsure why, he silently prayed she would not look back to see his graceful rise. The judgement of others never bothered him, not anymore. In fact, he quite enjoyed that most found him a little odd now. In what felt like a different time, words like "charming" and "charismatic" were often tossed around with his name. Hackjob found it was far easier to be boring. Life was simpler when no one expected anything from him. 

He took two hesitant steps behind this striking stranger and cleared his throat yet again. "Um, miss?" His heavy vocals cracked slightly. It wasn't until then he realized he had no idea the last time he had spoken. His own voice sounded foreign, wrong. He pressed on. There was no need to make friends, but it was crucial he made sure he was nowhere near her. 

"Would you mind telling me where the hell I am?" 

@Famkee I don't mind at all! I'm very rusty so bare with me while I get my groove back (:

Messages In This Thread
    cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-15-2022, 05:21 PM
    RE: cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-22-2022, 03:06 PM