• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i dont know how to take it away from you
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The water at Gale's feet is tepid, no warmer or cooler than the spring breeze that ruffles the salt-crusted white hair of the stallion's spinal mane. Though he remains unsure how he’d left Islandres, he’s certain now of its demise. The saltwater from his swim there had dried while he rested, leaving him uncomfortable and prompting his venture toward the Pampa’s central river to rinse himself.

He wades farther in, until he feels the water close over the iridescent navy of his back, dunks his head, and then returns to the shore to dry in the sun while he half dozes.

There had been few places left after the destruction of the storms, but this place had risen from the sea. He is not entirely sure yet that he trusts it to remain, but where else is there to go? He has done his best to avoid anyone and anything familiar, slipping into the woods at any glimpse of blue or white or too-curious eyes.

He is alive only because he cannot die, and though Gale had resigned himself to this fate, he had done so with the intention of secluding himself forever on the island of Islandres. But there is no Islandres anymore, and so there is no seclusion. 

He can even hear the sound of someone coming closer, far closer than he'd like, so he closes his eyes as though he’s asleep and hopes they leave.

@Colby

Messages In This Thread
    i dont know how to take it away from you - by Gale - 07-21-2022, 01:55 PM