• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  strange serenity
    “A bit too fitting,” she concedes with a short laugh, and despite the lack of formal invitation she closes the distance between them.

She can feel him looking at her, and she does not wilt beneath his gaze. Instead she watches him watching her, an almost amused simper lifting just at the edges of her lips. Adrestia does not think of herself as anything remarkable, but she is aware that the shimmering silver that stripes her sides has a way of catching the eye of those she passes. Nearly everyone in Beqanna was some shade of beautiful, and she did not let herself get caught up in the idea that she was in some way unique.

“Claudius,” she repeats his name, her silver eyes lingering on the pale blue of his, before she makes her own introduction. “My name is Adrestia. Previously of Hyaline.” There is an almost forced indifference to the way she says the name of her long lost homeland, refusing to let her mind snag on the way even speaking it tugs at something she has been ignoring behind her ribs. She can ignore it for a little longer, she thinks. Can ignore it until it has the decency to disappear, just the way Hyaline itself had.

“No,” she says, casting her eyes out over the dark sea, continuing matter of factly, “I don’t think peace exists anymore.”

-- A D R E S T I A

Messages In This Thread
    strange serenity - by claudius - 07-19-2022, 02:02 PM
    RE: strange serenity - by Adrestia - 07-31-2022, 11:35 PM
    RE: strange serenity - by claudius - 08-25-2022, 02:32 PM
    RE: strange serenity - by Adrestia - 09-12-2022, 12:14 AM