• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll reach out my hands in the dark - famkee
    He speaks of a cyclone, ripping through the soul of the land and eating it in front of all who remained. It makes sense to her now, the way the forest looked anyways, trees cracked and split in half by the force of the gusts, the air still, too quiet in its eerie silence."strangers of the sea" makes her blink owlishly, the glint of curiosity germinating behind golden eyes. Her previous life was quite xenophobic, frigid in their ways, that if you were crowned with a horn you were superior to all other species. Finned, winged or hornless were below her, but no amount of hammered ideals or morals could convince her that she was above anyone, that she was special. After all, how special could they be, her family, slaughtered just like everyone else. She's only here because she managed to escape, cowardice or not, she's here to relive it all. Despite being a warrior herself, fighting her way through the carnage like she was trained to do, nothing could've prepared her for the genocide that disposed of all that she knew. This destruction of this new land, rather shouldn't come to a surprise to the mare, but yet she's still in disbelief of the disasters that follow her. She opens her delicate lips to ask what strangers crawled from the waves, but before she can he's matching her defeat in locating his sibling, though surprisingly he doesn't lose face, maybe he's just as numb but Famkee doubts he'll ever understand what she's seen, done, or didn't do. 

"I'm sorry." She says simply, ruffling the edge on the word that want's to poison it. "It seems we have more in common than i thought." She smirks softly, juvenile in the way it forms across her mouth. "You'd think being a twin i'd have some sort of connection to him, wether his heart still beats or not. Sometimes i want to know," She pauses, long ebony tail swishing between her back legs. "Sometimes i don't." The dilemma they share, has her revealing more than she ever thought to a stranger, but Famkee is beginning to care less and less as she shares his company. What she is shocked about is the help he offers her, the stallion parallel with her on the path of distance suddenly closes the gap. But is it false? She tries to search for the answer in his eyes, body language. His mother, a queen. She wants to roll her pretty eyes inside her skull, she manages to keep them forward, but the snort that escapes her maw is audible. She wants it to make sense, name him arrogant, dull, mind full of pompous shit but he certainly hides it well, she thinks. Sure, he's reserved he has that right but somethings fishy, off with his assistance. She takes a step forward, extending her muzzle his way in incredulity. "Why would you want to help me?     
    Let it all go, see what stays
    Famkee

@Malik 
     [Image: EOU990v.png] Famkee [Fahm-key]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll reach out my hands in the dark - famkee - by Famkee - 07-24-2022, 12:20 AM