• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  jupiter's by my side and we watch galaxies collide
    jupiter's by my side and we watch galaxies collide

It is not hard for her to leave.

It is not hard for her to wander.

It is, in fact, the easiest thing in the world to just go. To let loose of her grip on the here and now and instead let herself fall into the wind’s path—to let the storm rustle through her like broken leaves until she is nothing but its resounding howl. She simply closes her eyes and she can feel herself disintegrate into the fog, into the rumbling thunder, into that thing which bites in the night. She closes her eyes and she is no longer Aios, made of storm and fury. She just is that thing which defines her. She is nothing at all.

So it is not surprising at all that she had gone.

It is, however, surprising that she has returned.

She is much the same as she was before—her body a thunderclap amongst spring showers, her eyes a roiling ocean, the lightning flickering beneath her skin—but she is also something more. Youth has been bled from her, slowly and then all at once. Anything that was once soft has sharpened, been made acute. There is beauty in her face, but it is a wild thing and only caught in the hands of a particular beholder.

For so many, her features would be too angular, her mouth too wry, her eyes too wary.

For others though—for others, she might be like looking into the eye of the hurricane.

Exhilarating.

Maddening.

Infinite.

Aios herself cares little for what others might see though, self-possessed as she is, and she walks through the little land left of her home with very little surprise, shock, or dismay on her face. Instead there is a cool indifference, a detached sort of curiosity as she picks through the carnage left behind from the latest storm. If anything, there is a thrill that runs through her at the display of power, a kinship with whatever had torn through the land and left such rubble behind, and at this, the corners of her lip tip up.

my apathy is losing ground

Messages In This Thread
    jupiter's by my side and we watch galaxies collide - by aios - 07-16-2022, 04:11 PM