• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sun in my eyes, navy blue skies

The other boy seems friendly, which helps to put him further at ease. He feels his tightly drawn muscles slowly relax, although it's impossible for the tension to entirely abate—not when there is currently a river of lava flowing in front of him. He had never really minded before that it was his father’s plant dragon form that he had inherited, but now, faced with the possibility of his home being flooded by fire, he finds himself slightly envious of his mother’s more traditional, fire-based dragon form. He knows, though, that even though his mother could withstand the heat, she would not risk the safety of the rest of the kingdom. If she had not suggested that everyone evacuate he can only assume it means she trusts the disaster was over.

When the visitor mentions looking for his sister, Rhaegal frowns and gives a shake of his head. “I’m afraid I haven’t seen anyone that looks like that. My mother might be better to ask. She pays closer attention to everyone here.” He tried, but for the most part everyone was a stranger to him, and their faces all blurred together. He had never been very adept at making friends, though that might have been different if he had made more attempts to explore the rest of Beqanna rather than keeping to Tephra.

“When did you last see her?” he asks out of curiosity, deciding that perhaps helping the visitor search for his sister could serve as a way to take his mind off the destruction in his home. Suddenly remembering himself, he offers the stranger a hasty introduction. “My name is Rhaegal, by the way. Savior and Casimira are my parents.” He isn’t sure why he included that last part. Perhaps because he would never call himself a prince—the word felt awkward and a little bit pretentious—but he assumed the other would know who his parents were at least by name, as most knew the kings and queens in Beqanna.
    R H A E G A L
    I COULD OPEN THE DOOR AND BREATHE IN THE DUST
    I COULD WALK THROUGH THOSE FLAMES TIL I DON'T FEEL THEIR TOUCH

@Malik

Messages In This Thread
    sun in my eyes, navy blue skies - by Malik - 05-15-2022, 10:36 AM
    RE: sun in my eyes, navy blue skies - by Rhaegal - 05-24-2022, 01:17 AM
    RE: sun in my eyes, navy blue skies - by Malik - 06-07-2022, 06:29 AM
    RE: sun in my eyes, navy blue skies - by Rhaegal - 07-02-2022, 03:42 PM
    RE: sun in my eyes, navy blue skies - by Malik - 07-05-2022, 09:40 PM