• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I walk my days on a wire, carnage
    You think I'll be the Dark Sky so you can be the Star?
    I'll Swallow you whole.
    There had been a time when he could have asked anything of her and she would have readily done it without the hesitation that he so often found in her mother. Where Ryatah’s sense of morality was wavering but clearly present, Islas had been born with nothing, and that deep-seated indifference that kept her from feeling anything at all could have been weaponized if the right individual had stumbled across her. The idea of life and death had been strange, because while she was not infinite in the way of a god, the expansive lifespan of a star made mortal life feel short to the point of being insignificant. She would have ended life without a second thought if someone had directed her to do so, without even a ripple of guilt.

There is still a part of her like that that exists, because not even love could change her into something else entirely. Not even love could fully reform someone that had always been so detached into something teeming with emotion.

If it could she would have understood better what he was implying.
    She would have learned to recognize the way darkness threatens to strip love away, even when it hides in plain sight in the light.
    She would have been able to decode the true meaning behind his offer to rid her of the pain that had taken up residence in her chest, because she would have learned that love was something easily destroyed and required safeguarding.

And perhaps if she would have paid closer attention to the stories of her father not told by her mother she would have known to be wary of anything that he offers.

But she is still too much the same, marble-cold and unable to sort through all the possible outcomes that could result from the choices she makes. Fear of consequences came from emotion, from weighing out which pain you thought you could withstand the best, and fear was still an emotion Islas is the least familiar with.

Her mother had never told her not to trust him—because Ryatah never could find the words to explain how she both trusted him entirely and also somehow not at all—and so, after a moment of hesitation and contemplation, she at last relents and asks him, “Will you take it away?”
    Islas

@Carnage

Messages In This Thread
    I walk my days on a wire, carnage - by Islas - 04-23-2022, 04:19 PM
    RE: I walk my days on a wire, carnage - by Islas - 05-01-2022, 01:53 AM
    RE: I walk my days on a wire, carnage - by Islas - 05-20-2022, 11:38 PM
    RE: I walk my days on a wire, carnage - by Islas - 07-05-2022, 12:29 AM