• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  tell me, are you still hurting?

Selaphiel hasn’t been the only one to make himself scarce - Malik had as well. And though Mazikeen had missed them both, she didn’t try to find them. Like the friends and others in her life that faded into the darkness she just kept hoping that one day she’d turn her head and there they’d be.

Which is almost exactly how it happens today, giving the situation a dream-like quality. There’s just no sun rising behind Sela, heralding his return like there had been in her thoughts. Only shadows that seem to bloom beneath the canopy of the forest where she walks, the deep red coat of her youngest daughters flickering in and out of her line of sight as they move around with their own intentions. Playing a game she can’t keep track of or searching for new spring flowers beneath the carpet of leaves.

Her mind is half on them, half splintering into dozens of different directions, when movement catches her attention. Her orange eyes look first to the girls she can just make out, and after confirming that it isn’t them she turns to investigate. It is still her habit to leave the residents of Hyaline alone and not pester them, but curiosity draws her forward and she can’t help but look.

Maybe it isn’t curiosity - maybe there will always be some part of her that needs to check to see if that strange noise is a threat dressed in iridescent blue.

Mazikeen’s heart leaps when she sees the icy-blue and white instead, a smile instantly brightening her orange eyes as she walks a little faster than necessary to greet him. She doesn’t go for the hug she longs for, feeling that same uncertainty that seems to happen every time they reunite. Like maybe this time he’s grown out of such friendly affections. "Still keeping to the shadows after all this time.” The teasing note is so gentle, she cannot bring herself to even feign a sharp tone with him as she instinctively checks for injuries before adding. "I'm so glad to see you, Sela."

mazikeen

@Selaphiel

Messages In This Thread
    tell me, are you still hurting? - by Selaphiel - 03-20-2022, 02:37 PM
    RE: tell me, are you still hurting? - by Mazikeen - 03-20-2022, 07:41 PM
    RE: tell me, are you still hurting? - by Mazikeen - 03-29-2022, 12:19 PM