• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

The garden is something that instantly brings delight, it brightens the hard edges of her golden gaze as she looks upon the wild plants. Perhaps a more naive inexperienced traveler would walk amongst them without caution, appreciating their exotic beauty and not knowing the danger that lurked amongst the closed petals. Luckily, she remembers smaller similar things, pitcher plants, from the Amazonian jungle of her youth and the tiny flytraps that could be found when wandering the forests. These…. These were of a much more magnificent scale, something similar but different. Her appreciative stare remains trained on the deadly garden, aware of his eyes on her and the question he had asked.

“You seem to have a penchant for mischief.” She finally says, glancing at him with a small smile pulling at the corner of her soft mouth. It’s not all of course. There is more to Nerine’s leader then what meets the eye, she thinks. More than his protruding bones and wicked smiles. In the few minutes she’s spent in his presence, she can see the riddle of the chestnut tobiano and finds herself rather curious to see if she could learn more than her brother ever had. A bad habit she has, always wanting to see what was truly lurking beneath ones skin. Unable to believe that they lived in a black and white exsistence when she could only see the world and its inhabitants in gray.

“Do you plan on feeding me to your flowers Reave?” She asks innocently, looking at him with a raised brow. “Or do you bring all new residents here to test their mettle?” She doesn’t wait for his response as she takes a few steps closer to one of the carnivorous plants and then glances at him over her pale yellow shoulder. There is a sweetness that catches in her nostrils, something meant to lure her even closer. It mingles with the floral scent of her own flowers that weave in between the long raven locks of her mane and a thought crosses her mind. Perhaps she had more in common with these plants than she had thought, they both seemed to be able to entice in unsuspecting travelers with the aroma of their scent. Was she the prey or the predator though? Food for thought indeed.

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@Reave
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Bardot - 03-07-2022, 04:42 PM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Reave - 03-08-2022, 10:54 AM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Bardot - 03-10-2022, 02:28 PM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Reave - 03-15-2022, 08:50 AM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Bardot - 03-15-2022, 08:43 PM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Reave - 03-22-2022, 09:10 AM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Bardot - 03-22-2022, 08:29 PM