• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not looking for any particular new beginnings
    “I’m going to stay.” He says firmly, and then with a grin adds: “Someone needs to set a good example for the twins, after all.” Malik is only teasing, and it surprises him how easy it is to fall back into old habits. He had been somber for so long, wrapped in his own worries and his solitude. Being back home, even for so short a time, already feels so easy.

Accompanying Bolder along the ridge-trail is just as familiar, and as they walk, Malik can feel a sense of peace returning.

The trees below them are resplendent in their autumn colors, and the black-haired stallion smiles at the sight, and at the distantly glittering lake below them. Somewhere down there is the rest of his family, and the warmth that comes with that knowledge solidifies his decision.

“I’ve been thinking of setting up something like the Pack again, but within Hyaline, to protect it.” The kingdom is no longer divided into war and peace, and while the lack of structure works well for them, Malik has been made all too aware of the dangers of being unprotected. There is also the issue of Nerine’s repeated attempts to take the entity that has protected Hyaline since before Malik was born, but that is diplomacy better left to others.

“Would you want to help me?”

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not looking for any particular new beginnings - by Malik - 04-22-2022, 09:05 AM