• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not looking for any particular new beginnings
    Malik travels across the deep snow, leaving no sign at all of his passage as he enters the kingdom of Hyaline. Wearing the shape of a snowshoe hare, the iridescent black shapeshifter is unhampered by the deep snows and midwinter drifts of Hyaline’s high mountains. He reaches a long drop and pauses, leaning back on wide hind feet to survey the distance.

Too far for this shape.

He could become a horse, he knows and then something that could leap it, returning to his natural shape and then assuming another. Or he could try to transition from the hare to something else, a trick he’s never had success with before. In the end, he is something halfway between a snow leopard and a hare as he half-falls down the drop, and is entirely grateful for the darkness that hides that long-eared shape.

He continues to travel as a leopard now, still black, but with glowing spots rather than his usual stripes. Regardless of the shape he wears, Malik rarely bothers to change his natural colors. It is something that he shares with his cousin, which is how he recognizes the coppery Bolder.

“I was a little worried I’d been gone so long that the alarm would sound,” he says, and though his voice is light with good humor, there is some truth to the length of his absence. It had been long, but it had not been permanent, and he is in no small part relieved to find that the protective entity of his second childhood recognizes him still.

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    i'm not looking for any particular new beginnings - by Malik - 03-06-2022, 08:01 PM