• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  I am the one thing in life I can control
    Don't look back, nothing left to see
    I can feel you though, wake me from this dreamin
    The sharp glitter of malice the dark Fae shoots the other stallion when he begins to ramble his questions isn’t part of this “show” but something entirely real. It’s not that Oren wasn’t useful or even unwelcome, he seemed close to bursting at the seams with his need to talk. Something they could use… But also something that could be used against them. As the younger stallion wonders aloud why Cheri had not come to claim the Taiga, his smirk only deepens. Her response makes Aela’s brow raise but he merely glances at her. For a fraction of a second, the depths of red glitter with amusement and a promise. He would quite like to see how far she would go to “keep him in line.”

The sensation of calm settles over the small group and he can feel some tension release involuntarily even as his pointed ears pin to his skull. Shaking silky ribbons of black and gold along his neck, trying to dispel the irritation of having emotion pressed against him, he turns his attention towards the dark shadows of the woods beyond where he’s certain the sensation of being watched is coming from. His crimson gaze scans the area and sees nothing. However, that didn’t mean nothing was there. An impish gleam flashes in a red eye, remembering what little Cheri had told him of the clans that had once lived here… Or perhaps, they still did.

It wasn’t the first time he had encountered guardians of a land that would evade him until they wished to be seen or found. (He thinks of Revelrie, the gray ghost of the wildflowers, and painfully pushes her image and that of their son from his mind.) The faint click of scales sounds where they settle along his underbelly as he considers the redwoods. There is only a thought and then the flowers are spreading into those murkier parts where he suspects someone might be lurking. A peace offering.

He has no intention of removing those that wished to be here just as he hadn’t to those that avoided him in the Pampas. If they wished to be left alone, then they would be. In time, maybe, they would seek him out like Revelrie had.

Aela’s mention of Nashua brings him back to the current conversation and he doesn’t bother to stifle his sigh, looking incredibly bored. “No.” One word that reverberates through the clearing with the weight of his command. “You.” His sharp gaze lands back on Oren, the talker. Before he can speak, he catches a glimmer of brightness through the fog before Light bursts into view and glides towards him. The glowing orb dances over his head and he glances up with his long ears pricked, as if listening, before looking back at Oren. “Is Bardot here?”

obscene

@Oren
    @Waverly
    @Cheri
    @Aela
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am the one thing in life I can control - by Obscene - 03-20-2022, 12:54 PM