• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm a sucker for girls that are bad for me
    Don't look back, nothing left to see
    I can feel you though, wake me from this dreamin
    He could have stayed on that riverbank with her forever, hidden away from the real world and all it’s problems. With no land or kingdom of their own, no weight of responsibility, what would it matter if they simply disappeared again? Except he had made a promise. And his son was hopefully still out there somewhere along with Fyr and everyone else that had gone missing. So begrudgingly, after dragging their hooves a little longer, they finally head towards the redwoods of Cheri’s birth.

He has never been here and so it is the jeweled mare he follows who knows these lands better then he ever will. The tall trees that grow like giants had always sounded like a fairytale but he sees for himself, now, that the stories hadn’t been exaggerated. His red gaze seems to travel further and further upwards until they seem to reach into the clouds themselves. He pauses in his sauntering to get a better look and in doing so, catches a faint scent that instantly has him scanning the misty woods. A familiar scent of jungle flowers. It’s gone as quickly as it comes and he wastes no time in falling into step beside the once Loessian Queen again, a muscle jumping in his taunt jaw as he grinds his teeth. A cruel joke his mind must be playing on him, feeding off the small reserve of hope that’s left.

There is a thought of reaching for Cheri, of burying his muzzle beneath the silky layers of green and rainstorms, until his thoughts had traveled elsewhere. It’s not one he acts on although the temptation is still there. Instead, he throws her an infamous smirk (as if he had been thinking of illicit activities on a certain muddy bank instead of his lost sister) and by the time they are thoroughly in the territory his expression has become the usual one of indifference. He did have a reputation that proceeded him after all.

“Any sign of Aela yet?” He eventually asks, studying an overgrown mushroom of electrifying colors and wondering what eating one would be like. It wouldn’t surprise him if the golden mare hadn’t arrived yet, knowing there was no love lost for her when it came to this place. A hatred that he could fully understand, his own resentment towards a certain volcanic kingdom still stirring beneath his star adorned breast. As for Cheri, and here he can’t help but glance at her again out of the corner of a crimson iris, this had been a place she had loved. A place of bittersweet memories. This must be difficult for her too. He thinks of asking her about it, if it bothers her being here, but then thinks better of that as well. When and if she wanted to confide in him, she would. He would not force her hand, in this or anything. Not anymore.

obscene

@Aela
    @Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm a sucker for girls that are bad for me - by Obscene - 02-15-2022, 05:05 PM