• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  somewhere in these eyes, i’m on your side

A gentle summer night spreads over the coast of Tephra. The soft swish of large leaves swaying in the cooling night-breeze is its own lullaby, complemented by the soft song of tropical insects and sleepy birds. It’s peaceful in Claudius’ homeland, as it almost always has been since the last great war Beqanna has seen. When he looks up, he sees the passing figures of twin dragons and smiles, only ever knowing the creatures as guardians despite Tephra’s dark history.

It’s perfect—this night. The kind of night that defined most of his upbringing and early adulthood. Claudius often reminisces, his mind in distant times and places simply so he might retain the optimism keeping his heart strong. At his brightest, he exists on a spiritual high, full of riddled wisdom and warm smiles—at his darkest, he remembers the colors of fresh and dried blood, the salty taste of warm tears, and the heart wrenching cries of his mother.

All things together, is what he tells himself. All things together make for who I am.

All things being the rare visits from his cursed father. All things being the warm, reassuring lilt of his mother’s voice. All things being rejection, even on those warm Tephran nights.

It is not a Tephran night that Claudius now wanders through. Though summertime and warm, the brilliant colors of the dying sun are muted by the distant rumblings of a humid thunderstorm. Claudius peers at the sky, in the direction of the rolling clouds, soft chin lifted in observation. His eyes—usually the softest periwinkle—glow with the fire of the passing star. Somewhere in the tree line across the meadow, a bird calls a warning of the approaching weather.

When the rain comes, he will be ready for it.

claudius
    i start the day lying and end with the truth
    that i'm dying for the knife

Messages In This Thread
    somewhere in these eyes, i’m on your side - by claudius - 02-10-2022, 06:41 PM