• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  When did the colors fill in the spaces where there were none?

Lillibet

One of the things she has swiftly come to appreciate about her conversations with Fyr is the easy way they can shift between playful and intimate, serious and honest. Nothing about their time together feels forced, and there have only been a few instances in Lillibet’s life that she’s felt such genuine companionship. Perhaps because they are both victims of the South’s fall - though she suspects they would have gotten along swimmingly before that happened, too. The newly crowned sovereign giggles at the moonlit man’s observation as they come to a halt at the river. Where he lowers his head to quench his thirst before answering her coy inquiry, Lillibet trudges into the icy knee-deep water without hesitation, her lips parting into a gasp at the temperature.

She misses the way he works to get his flames under control as they glide against his shoulders, though she does notice how they glint orange more fiercely against the river for the briefest of moments.

“I know, but at least it’s ours,” she replies once she has caught her breath, pivoting her ivory frame in the water carefully so that she does not slip on the slick rocks beneath her hooves. She doubts that Pangea will ever truly feel like home the way Sylva and Loess had. The bitter nostalgia tugs at her heart, though it is quickly ushered away by Fyr’s final comment.

A smile creeps over her lips as her gold-flecked eyes linger on his saffron ones. There is nothing playful about it this time - there is only authenticity in the expression she displays as she looks back at him on the riverbank. “The feeling is mutual,” her voice is quiet, for him alone, though it does not lack confidence. There are few things she enjoys more than spending time with Fyr. “Does this mean you’ll agree to stick around even when I don’t require the use of a furnace?” She shivers in the cold water, but does not pull herself from it yet - the combination of Fyr’s flames licking warmth across her upper half and the extreme cold of her lower is an oddly livening feeling.

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When did the colors fill in the spaces where there were none? - by Lillibet - 02-15-2022, 07:26 PM