• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Through a sea of black and blue
    He no longer sees the ghosts and assumes it's because of the vision loss. Those spirits are gone, left lingering in the air like pungent scents he’s sometimes able to pick up on whenever another wanders close enough, and that’s been … gods, months now? Yanhua can’t exactly be sure.

Regardless, the stranger’s aroma is rather tolerable to the disfigured stud. He can sense no ill-intent lingering around her, nothing that might drive him to use magical tactics in defense of an oncoming attack, and some might scoff at his paranoia; Gilda sounded as sweet as her name. Still - he had his reasons for being wary, all of which he swallowed in favor of having company for a brief moment in time.

“That’s a very kind offer you’ve made, there.” The half-horse, half-goat creature nodded once.

Did he need help, though? That was the question.

Should’ve been an easy one for the stallion to answer, but he held onto the reply instead and flicked his short tail back-and-forth like he was tossing it around.

“Yes, well, if you’ve got no pressing business…” He mused, turning back to stare out at the nothingness that Gilda would know as the meadow. To Yan, it was all black and voidless these days.

“... I could use some help locating my fine-feathered companion.” He grinned to himself, ragged-lipped.

“She must’ve gone to roost nearby about a day or two ago, I think. Hasn’t been back since. I’m not confident enough to go and get her, or I’d collect the useless bird myself.” Yan shook his horns and chuckled, a bit of the old spark returning. One of his eyes began to weep. He hardly noticed.

@Gilda I bet you thought this would be touching, didn't you? Nope. I give you: chicken hunt.

Messages In This Thread
    Through a sea of black and blue - by Yanhua - 01-31-2022, 07:54 PM
    RE: Through a sea of black and blue - by Gilda - 01-31-2022, 09:11 PM
    RE: Through a sea of black and blue - by Yanhua - 02-10-2022, 10:53 PM
    RE: Through a sea of black and blue - by Gilda - 03-10-2022, 11:21 AM