• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we could try to go back where we started
    There’s a nervous sort of joy that flutters around Sickle’s stomach when she hears I know who you are instead of I don’t have a sister you weirdo (or something to that effect). She hoped to be recognized but she hadn’t let herself expect it. After all, these last few years had started to feel like she didn’t really exist for anyone at all.

But someone had told Myrna enough about her that her name was recognized, someone had spoken of her - however briefly - and that helped ground her in this reality.

While she doesn’t think anything of the question (it certainly makes sense to wonder), a quiet laugh escapes Sickle when Myrna mimics herself and brushes curiosity about reasons aside. There’s a light in her blue and orange eyes as her caution begins to recede.

Only for it to flare back up when her sister steps forward to hug her. Sickle’s indecision roots her to the spot rather than making her move away - and then she finds herself being held. Her black brindling flashes with a series of colours - reflecting the soft white of Myrna’s coat and the pale colours of the flowers in her mane.

After her initial shock - Sickle returns the gesture. She feels shaky and is afraid she’s going to start crying just from the joy - and that’s when she carefully breaks away from the hug. She isn’t going to cry. She is definitely not going to cry.

“She really is different, isn’t she?” Sickle asks once she steps back enough to look at Myrna - thinking it inconceivable that the burning rage she had known from Mazikeen could’ve raised the bright girl before her.

And though the younger girl had said it didn’t matter why she was here, but Sickle wants to explain anyway. “Malik told me I should come when I was ready… I don’t know if I am, really. Not to see her.” Her nerves rise up again and she resists the strong desire to look around them. Oceanus was keeping an eye out, he'd let her know if Mazikeen was approaching. “But I wanted to meet you.”
    SICKLE

@ Viszla

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we could try to go back where we started - by Sickle - 02-03-2022, 02:49 PM