• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could have followed my fears all the way down, cassian

Cassian probably could have swam across, but he honestly didn’t even think of it. Of course, he also could have gotten a leg cramp halfway across and drowned just as easily as he could have tumbled over the crumbling edges of the land bridge. All in all, if there’s a flaw in any plan, it’s generally assured Cassian will discover it quite by accident.

Or by ‘accident’.

When his sister stalks towards him, her eyes rolling and a denial on her lips, Cassian huffs his disgruntlement. That does not stop the grin that begins to unconsciously sneak onto his lips at her teasing rejoinder however. He doesn’t really blame Casimira. She had just made an all too convenient target for the fading fear his near fall had caused.

Hazards of being a twin.

“I’m always graceful, so I don’t know what you mean,” he tosses back in mock offense. It might have almost even been believable if his twinkling eyes and twitching lips hadn’t given him away immediately. “I’m pretty sure your dumb kingdom just has something against visitors.”

Unable to hide it any longer, Cassian laughs. His terrible sense of humor always gets him in the end, and with Casi, there’s really no hiding it. Shifting forward, he presses his nose affectionately against her cheek before drawing back with a grin. As his eyes roam her familiar features however, the grin begins to slip as something heavier replaces it. A weight he knows Casimira has been suffering under just as much as he has been. After a moment, he continues, his concerned tone conveying far more than the words he speaks. “How have you been?”

Cassian

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could have followed my fears all the way down, cassian - by Cassian - 02-04-2022, 11:38 AM