• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i saw the stars and didnt ask why

She leans into his touch, reveling in the feel of him against, so warm and steady, a familiar thrill coursing through her. She has long wondered if this would ever ebb, but each touch is like the first, each breath filling her lungs with the impossible truth of him. She has begun to believe this might never wane, never grow old and wither like so many things are wont to do.

There is a heaviness to him, a weight etched into the beautiful lines of his body. He bears so much, and she has wished for so long she could take some of that burden from his shoulders. Could hold him up just as he holds her.

Someday, she hopes that he will allow her to do so. But for now, she remains patient.

While he wallows in the darkness of his sins, she revels in hope for the future, never knowing how precariously it has been balanced. Never seeing just how quickly it could come crashing down around her ears. Her trust is a shining thing, never realizing how easily it could blacken and fade.

Even his words do not stir suspicion. Though her heart rises in her chest when she steps back to peer at him, her gaze is filled with curiosity rather than dread. With the hope that the day has finally come he would tell her he could remain by her side, the weight of his kingdom resettled onto his brother’s shoulders.

She nods in response, wings settling against her pale ribcage, dark eyes luminous as she holds his gaze. “You know I will always be here when you need me.” Drawing in a breath, she allows her lips to curve upwards. “What is it you want to talk about?”

- noel

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Nashua - 01-17-2022, 09:00 PM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Noel - 01-20-2022, 10:35 AM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Nashua - 01-23-2022, 12:36 PM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Noel - 02-03-2022, 10:24 AM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Nashua - 02-09-2022, 10:40 AM
    RE: i saw the stars and didnt ask why - by Noel - 02-22-2022, 01:51 PM